This appreciation post on the Luzon Bleeding-heart Dove is dedicated to princessofdragons. ;3 It was fun adding to what I knew of these guys (and I might be biased because of a certain dating sim game involving pigeons, which will of course be mentioned).
Information on the Luzon Bleeding-heart Dove:
- They’re known for and named after the splotch of red feathers on their breast (which are more hairy-like in appearance and often cause an indentation). Many people have mistaken it for a chest wound.
- Males tend to be bigger
- There’s a character in the dating sim game Hatoful Boyfriend (play it now) named Anghel who is a Luzon Bleeding-heart Dove.
- There are five species of bleeding-heart doves (the Mindoro Bleeding-heart, the Negros Bleeding-heart, the Mindanao Bleeding-heart, Luzon Bleeding-heart, and the Sulu Bleeding-heart). The most commonly known is the Luzon.
- The female will pick where the nest should go, and the male will bring the material to her.
- The male will chase the chicks away when they’re weaned.
- They spend most of their time on the forest floor and only fly into trees for roosting purposes.
- A clutch consists of two eggs.
Thanks for the request, princessofdragons! This was an interesting little research project. Next appreciation post is on lovebirds.~
Image sources (do not remove):
GrooveBox, Peter Stubbs, duffohyeah
Other outside sources:
World Association of Zoos
What a beautiful bird!
So lost. Right now I don’t know what to do. I feel as though I have wasted my life. Maybe it’s because I am jealous of my younger brother or of my friend who is an engineer. Maybe it is cause I still cling to my ex. I wish I could just things done like a robot.
I am sorry that don’t talk much on this blog. Sometimes I wonder how I have over 10 followers. I just want to say thank you for following me.
I love Terra from FF6. I hope they make a proper remake of it.
Figured I’d start off with my dress design process for young Liz, since her alternate outfit has been getting a lot of coverage (no pun intended) over the past couple of months. Irrational wanted a period- and age-appropriate look, so that’s what I was aiming for. I’ve got some more stuff I can share out tomorrow, but I didn’t want to overload you guys with art posts. :)
-C, who is definitely picking up her pre-order after work
(Tremendous thanks to Jorge Lacera and the team at Irrational for briefly welcoming me into the fold- as a huge fan of the franchise I was blown away when they hit me up to do some concept work, and it was an absolute pleasure to contribute in even the tiniest way to what is looking to be an amazing game.)
Look at all the pretty options~
Blue waves produced by bioluminescent phytoplankton: Vaadhoo Island in the Maldives, Florida Everglades, and Lakshadweep Islands off India.
AHhhh this is why I am a biologist. <3
YES to ALL the nature!!! :D
1. Remember why you started – what your reasons were. What was the “spark” that got you going, and inspired you to begin on the journey you are on?
2. List all the reasons why you can persevere, and make it to the end so you reach your goal. Remind yourself you have what you need to succeed.